CBD for menopause – can it help soothe the symptoms?
Harbl’s CBD range is here to help provide some relief for women in menopause!
Menopause usually occurs between ages 45 and 55 and just like any other transition – it can cause uncomfortable changes impacting the inner clockwork of one’s body.
Each woman’s experience of menopause is different as they experience aches, mood swings, hot flashes and sleep disturbances.
There are cannabinoid receptors throughout the female reproductive system and menopause seems to disrupt the endocannabinoid system.
However, Cannabidiol or CBD – extracted from the hemp plant – may help relieve certain symptoms of menopause, as suggested from recent studies conducted by the National Library of Medicine such as:
- Many experience arthritis symptoms during menopause.
More than 60% of women aged 40 – 64 struggle with muscle and joint pain and CBD has documented anti-inflammatory properties acting as an anti-arthritic by protecting joints against inflammatory damage.
- Affecting 1 in 4 females aged 65 and over – Osteoporosis lowers bone density and makes one more exposed to fractures.
It appears that the same anti-inflammatory qualities that make CBD a popular choice for arthritis may also contribute to improving one’s bones’ density.
CBD interacts with a cannabinoid receptor reducing the rate of bone density loss that can occur during menopause.
- Weight gain and diabetes is another symptom and CBD could contribute to this phenomenon by triggering the PPAR-γ receptor that boosts one’s metabolism.
Adding to this – CBD additionally helps increase the production of natural endocannabinoids, including 2-AG, which can mitigate insulin resistance, especially during menopause.
- Memory loss is common and CBD is considered neuroprotective – helping protect the neurons responsible for maintaining cognitive function from damage or degeneration.
This can play an essential role in memory function and support those with memory and cognitive impairment.
- Mood swings, anxiety as well as depression are common in women during menopause. CBD facilitates serotonin neurotransmission through one of its receptors making it more available for the brain and regulating mood – helping one relax when they experience an anxiety attack.
- Hot flashes and night sweats are triggered by altered chemistry in the hypothalamus – the body’s own thermoregulator. CBD’s ability to interact with the body’s serotonin system is one reason why some women utilize CBD for this symptom.
- Sleep deprivation during menopause triggers fatigue and a whole array of other health conditions. In addition to its anti-anxiety properties, CBD helps one regulate their sleep-wake cycle when it gets disturbed and remain in the deep stage of sleep for longer resulting in restorative sleep.
The endocannabinoid system therefore plays an important role in menopause and CBD affects the way that it works.
You can now look no further because Harbl’s CBD range including its Harbl Pure and Harbl Effect and Harbl Relief could help ease and reduce many key menopause symptoms as stated above all at the same time!